Just a quick card today. A ‘just because’ card. Will send this one to friends to share a spot of news we had this week re: hubby’s job. (He got a new one. At the same company, managing a new team. Great news!)
I made it for the Catered Crop – Follow The Recipe challenge FTR18. To mix up some/ all of these ingredients:
- Colours: primary colors like red, yellow, blue (and green), and a little brown for dirt
– Stamps and Stickers: anything that grows from a seed, gardening, back to school, worms!
– Patterns: circles, checked/gingham, notebook paper
– Colour Mediums: stamping ink, markers (ProMarker, Copics)
– Embellishments: buttons, ribbon, thread/twine
– Tools: border punch, die cut shapes, embossing plates
– Techniques: make a bookmark, mat your panels, tie ribbons through your buttons, machine sewing
– Theme: garden, back to school
Loads of options! Here’s my card:
So my colours aren’t so primary but I couldn’t make it work any other way. My mojo just must have been lacking as I couldn’t make any other colours look right ;)
But the yellows, greens and touch of brown are there!
No stamps or stickers, no marker pens but I went for it with the gingham background paper and inked the edges with Distress Ink ‘Tea Dye’.
And the buttons are threaded with twine – so that’s good for the embellishments ingredient and the technique.
I used a few die-cut pieces from a Jillibean Soup ‘Dutch Mustard Soup – Pea pod parts’ sheet – the butterflies (kind of gardeny for the theme huh?) and the speech bubble message and the hearts border strip.
Then to finish I added this fancy lacy gold ribbon as another border strip. Love the scallops! That’s my own little spice for the recipe ;)
Hope you like. Thanks for stopping by folks, Rx